Single Parenting a Neurospicy Teen

Navigating single parenthood with a neurospicy teen is like embarking on a rollercoaster ride filled with twists, turns, and sudden loop-de-loops of emotions. The incredible highs and deep, dark lows make this bittersweet and wild journey not for the faint of heart.

Realizing that my understanding of my child's therapy needs surpasses even that of their world-class therapist is a jolting revelation akin to walking into a glass door. Hours spent observing, learning, and seeking guidance leave me questioning the very purpose of therapy and its effectiveness.

The sound of my child's tears echoing through the night serves as a haunting reminder of my perceived failure as a parent, despite my unwavering dedication. The cocktail of autism, character, teenage angst, and daily pressures, often brings tears daily, to the one experiencing the challenges, and the one wanting to shoulder the pain.

What many refuse to realise through their eyes and stances of pity - is that my neurospicy child is the secret ingredient that adds an extra kick to life, making each day a tantalizing blend of excitement and unpredictability. Their impact has changed me for the better, but she struggles. And because of that - my ultimate wish is for her to smile, experience freedom, and happiness and most of all peace every single day.

The weight of uncertainty looms heavy as I contemplate the future, wondering if my advocacy will be enough to shield my child from life's harsh realities. The frustration intensifies when pleas for understanding and support fall on deaf ears, leaving my precious one feeling relegated and misunderstood.

Not everyone sees the world through their neurospicy lens, missing out on valuable learnings and opportunities for empathy. Describing their quirks to those unfamiliar is like explaining abstract art to someone who's only seen stick figures—challenging and often met with resistance.

Offers of respite are desired, yet the true need lies in having daily burdens lifted to allow quality time for rest and presence with my child. The lack of this time isn't felt only by me but also by my other children, who witness sacrifices and may bear future caregiving responsibilities. As the merry go round of emotions and challenges never stop - the one thing that will, is this piece. Enough with the doom and gloom and here is a closing with warm thoughts for all going through a similar struggle. We're hoping, praying often begging for brighter days, for understanding, inclusion and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Smoke

Mummyfried. Really.

I love my stalker