Filling Follies part 2 - the drama continued

So, remember how I was gearing up for my dental odyssey in January? Well, folks, grab your popcorn and settle in because the saga continued until two weeks ago. I just forgot to blog about it!

I wish I could say that my search for the perfect dentist ended with a triumphant fanfare, but alas no. A hard fast NO.

The dentist I was assigned to tried her best to be understanding of and she stayed quiet. She let the sound of the drill penetrate my eardrums (is that possible) at a level that was just plain awful. No swearing, no exaggerated description needed here.  This is not a creative written piece... this is trauma therapy - it was just plain horrifying. 

Midway through my dental ordeal, she struck a nerve. I mean a real one. And caused some serious damage. I sat up, told her she was done, and left traumatized. Did I mention the pain? Really? Did I not mention the pain?  I lived with it for two weeks. Two weeks of sleepless nights, a swollen mouth and a throbbing that made my entire face feel paralyzed. Oh my the pain! 

In a stroke of luck that can only be attributed to divine intervention, I stumbled upon a dentist after dropping the kids off at school. This woman saw me walking in pain like a return war hero  (no disrespect) She is a local mum and a dentist. Yes, you heard that right, a mum dentist. She invited me in.

She did not have the fancy gadgets or the cinematic distractions, but she became my dental superhero, swooping in to save the day. 

No flashy gimmicks, but something even better –  killer anesthesia and an ability to drill without the sound - smoothly and pain free. I wa.s cured! Drama over (took two months but its over)

Until next time, I will keep flossing and like all women who manifest goodwill and peace - may your dental dramas be few and far between!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Smoke

Mummyfried. Really.

I love my stalker