Small things…



Yesterday I walked into the office, looked at my desk and found a little package of love… just for me!

A lovely colleague surprised me by bringing in a packed lunch.

She had prepared a delicious lentil salad accompanied by a little bag of walnuts and two apricots, I was so moved - that I teared.

To sound a little weary and ‘woe is me’ it’s been a long time since somebody actually did something nice for me for no apparent reason. I actually forgot how much joy a person can bring, just by thinking of someone else.  It brings light on a dark day, warmth to a cold world,  hope when it’s all gone.  This little act changed my day so much so that in addition to the tear and smile, it bought me a change in a mood where I actually left work happy and exhausted, not just exhausted.

Last week, I bought my baby a new pair of leggings and a t-shirt. When I presented them to her, worried that she wouldn’t like them, she hugged me tightly and said ‘Mummy when did find the time to do this?’  It made my heart swell with pride – not because she liked what I bought, but because Miss 6 realised that I squeezed in some time around an insane schedule for her. She actually thought outside of herself!

These two recent incidents made me realise that it is time to be a ‘do gooder’ again.  If I can change someone’s day for the better – even if it a slight change, then why not.

Spread the love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game over - Redundancy

The portal

Winners are grinners