Cindertrella

Trella in Greek means madness.

My ankle biters, the air that I breathe this week have turned into the wicked stepsisters, and I am slowly going mad – and am feeling very under appreciated, hence the term Cindertrella.

They are walking advertisements for contraception today. It is hot. I am working from home. It is a busy, busy, busy time, and they are being messy, messy, messy. Trella I say, Trella!

In addition to their very, VERY bad behavior, I have been in the not so romantic throws of pre back to school panic clean up.  I asked the little dictators to review & cull unwanted toys, books and clothes and to put them into two piles.  One for those less fortunate and one for recycling. A nice decluttering exercise. Low and behold – and not to anyone’s surprise, my request has been ignored.

I have had enough. I am constantly cleaning up, telling them how cute and lovable they are, try to keep them active, aware, stimulated at all times and in the process have let myself go. I am not living a fairy tale, let alone about to experience the fairy tale Cinderella ending..

The last two nights, after a 15 hour slog it out at work, I listened to their cackles (screams of playful joy) and they ignored my sweeping, cleaning, cooking, sweating, crying.  In silently accepting defeat, I threw my hands defensively and angrily on my hips and stormed out of the house, straight onto the balcony to sulk and glare at the moon.

I ignore the near naked creepy neighbor who sits on his balcony across the road and stares while I patiently wait for my kind Godmother to appear to weave her healing magic and save me from the gremlins.   I realise it is time to reinvent myself, clean up my own act as well as my home, and go for a subtle name change, a make over!   

I officially add GOD in front of my not so glamorous title of mother and will from this point onwards - save myself. Screw the Prince!

Now, when the little 'angels' call out ‘Oh God’ in the midst of paying, I respond quickly with ‘Yes my child?’

They do not like it,  they don't understand it - but it makes me smile.

The End.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game over - Redundancy

The portal

Holy Smoke