Star block - The Bold and the Unknown

Star struck? Me? Never. It could be because I have moved countries a few times and as a result fail to recognise homegrown stars. Or...it could be that I am so cool that I have star block.

Stars don't care that I am a mere mortal or they realise that I have no idea.

Allow me to explain.

While living in London, I often greeted and spoke with locals at the supermarket near my home. One elderly lady and I would often chat about nothing in particular but it was a short, polite friendly exchange.

Until a store assistant mentioned her by name.

The next time our paths randomly met, she looked at me and said 'You know who I am now...don't you?' I nodded mutely. 

We never spoke again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game over - Redundancy

The portal

Holy Smoke