Dream catcher

Tonight the baby ran out of the kitchen in tears. I found her on her bed, sobbing  hysterically.

She told me she had made a wish and it didn't come true.  She was tired of making wishes, praying and being good.... And never ever, not even once did they become reality.

I asked her if her wish was something she needed or wanted. She said she wanted it.

I asked if it's something she could obtain if she worked hard for it, and the answer was no.

How do you explain to a 7 year old that you can pray and wish with all your might, but you will never be able to grow wings and fly,  nor will you have a magic button that will produce all the dresses you want.

I didn't want tonight to be the night where Miss 7 realises that magic doesn't exist. That those dreams don't come true. 

We talked about perception, goal settting and manifestations.  Somehow , I wove magic back into her world..and I think I managed to throw in at bit of girl power too.

I managed to catch the dreams and turn them into goals. We talked about the magical feeling of success and importantly self achievement..She wiped away her tears and smile. Job done I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game over - Redundancy

The portal

Holy Smoke