Calm

Today I heard a saying to describe somebody that does nothing, who is lazy.  The saying is in Greek, but easily translatable. 

They say ‘he/ she is flying a kite’   The hand action for flying a kite often accompanies the saying.  I couldn’t help but giggle.

The individual my friends were referring to often is also described as an employee ‘scratching themselves’– another saying that means, doing nothing.

It’s a funny description but an awful perception to have of someone. Or is it I wonder?  I turned to look at this individual who seemed relatively content, happy, relaxed.

My two ‘rays of light’ combined with juggling a fulltime job I like (though at times mundane), additional consulting work, play dates, attempts to exercise, cook and clean house leaves me with little time for kite flying.

I have forgotten what it’s like. Would I think more creatively, or would my mind be blank, empty, rested? Would I be more passionate or less?

One thing is for certain – it would not be exhausted. This kite flying and scratching deal doesn’t sound too bad.  

To me, I hear, see, feel and breathe calm.

What about you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teasing and bullying.

Another year and its only the beginning

Riding the Waves of Parenting and Committee Life