Embracing Recovery: A Summer Adventure Indoors

Summer – the season of beach outings, golden tans, and those magical evenings under the stars. Usually, this is the time of year when we’re all about mobility, late nights, laughter, and just being outdoors - even in the heat - but things took an unexpected turn.

I recently had surgery, and my summer plans have a different kind of journey: recovery.

It’ll take up to two months to get back to my usual self. I am a little frustrated and bored. Instead of the 6 am morning dip before - and the sneaky plunge after work - I’m stuck indoors, staring at the ceiling with the air con on FULL.

I can’t sit for too long, can’t stand for too long – it’s a delicate dance of finding the least uncomfortable position.  And that ceiling - its bland.

But there’s a silver lining. For the first time in 30 years (yes, I am old), my mom has come to care for me. It’s been a heartwarming (and sometimes heart-wrenching) experience.

Her care is nothing short of amazing. The food she makes? Absolutely love it (not so much my hips - I worry about clothes when I do eventually start to dress in anything other than PJ's). The attention and love she showers on me? Unparalleled. But there’s also a part of me that worries she’s overexerting herself. It’s a battle of hearts, wit, and mind – wanting to bask in her care but also wanting to protect her.

And then there are the not-so-little ankle biters. This is the second time my cherubs have seen me in a vulnerable state.  It’s important to show them that taking care of ourselves is part of being the best we can be.


I’m
determined to get back on my feet, embrace a holistic lifestyle, and enjoy life for all its beauty. I’m focused on manifesting abundance, attracting wealth, and being fabulous – not just surviving but thriving. Let's see how long that mindset lasts!


Here’s
to a summer of unexpected blessings, family bonds, and a steadfast journey toward better health. After all, life’s greatest adventures aren’t always the ones we plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Smoke

Mummyfried. Really.

I love my stalker