Guilty little pleasures

 It's the third year I sent the lovely little ankle biters to two week camp.

The third time is the charm, they say. This year I am absolutely rocking it.

I have cleaned the house, done some self-care, exercised, gone out - not once, not twice, but countless times - and slept an unbelievable amount of hours.

I have reacquainted myself with Netflix - not when the critters are asleep - but on an ordinary evening.

I have cracked open bottles of wine, drank beer and NOT COOKED once.

I am in heaven.

I do miss them - but oh have I enjoyed the silence. Have I reveled in the freedom to listen to my favourite songs, dance like a mad woman in the loungeroom without judgement. Have I seriously lavished in stretching out in my bed - without fear of getting little foot-in-face surprises! Absolutely!

Too busy relaxing to write more. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year and its only the beginning

Riding the Waves of Parenting and Committee Life

Teasing and bullying.