Cindertrella

Trella in Greek means madness.

My ankle biters, the air that I breathe this week have turned into the wicked stepsisters, and I am slowly going mad – and am feeling very under appreciated, hence the term Cindertrella.

They are walking advertisements for contraception today. It is hot. I am working from home. It is a busy, busy, busy time, and they are being messy, messy, messy. Trella I say, Trella!

In addition to their very, VERY bad behavior, I have been in the not so romantic throws of pre back to school panic clean up.  I asked the little dictators to review & cull unwanted toys, books and clothes and to put them into two piles.  One for those less fortunate and one for recycling. A nice decluttering exercise. Low and behold – and not to anyone’s surprise, my request has been ignored.

I have had enough. I am constantly cleaning up, telling them how cute and lovable they are, try to keep them active, aware, stimulated at all times and in the process have let myself go. I am not living a fairy tale, let alone about to experience the fairy tale Cinderella ending..

The last two nights, after a 15 hour slog it out at work, I listened to their cackles (screams of playful joy) and they ignored my sweeping, cleaning, cooking, sweating, crying.  In silently accepting defeat, I threw my hands defensively and angrily on my hips and stormed out of the house, straight onto the balcony to sulk and glare at the moon.

I ignore the near naked creepy neighbor who sits on his balcony across the road and stares while I patiently wait for my kind Godmother to appear to weave her healing magic and save me from the gremlins.   I realise it is time to reinvent myself, clean up my own act as well as my home, and go for a subtle name change, a make over!   

I officially add GOD in front of my not so glamorous title of mother and will from this point onwards - save myself. Screw the Prince!

Now, when the little 'angels' call out ‘Oh God’ in the midst of paying, I respond quickly with ‘Yes my child?’

They do not like it,  they don't understand it - but it makes me smile.

The End.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year and its only the beginning

Riding the Waves of Parenting and Committee Life

Teasing and bullying.